Mould Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Mould is everywhere in the world, but there should not be prevalent mould growth in your property. In as little as 48 hours, mould can quickly become a problem in your home or business when there’s a water intrusion, like a roof leak or leaking water line. Mould can cause health effects and can also cause significant damage to your property. Be careful not to disturb the mould as its spores can easily become airborne, increasing the risk of adverse health effects. SERVPRO of Calgary South has the training, protective gear, and specialized equipment necessary to handle your mould problem.
Have a Mould Problem?
Call Us Today – (403) 255-0202
If you have a mould problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mould growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mould may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odour may indicate hidden mould behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Calgary South for mould remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mould.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mould growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mould.
Mould Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mould problem, SERVPRO of Calgary South has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
SERVPRO of Calgary South proudly serves Calgary and surrounding areas.