Mould Remediation and Restoration
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Mould Remediation Technicians
- Specialized Mould Remediation Equipment
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
It only takes a small water leak, or even excess humidity, for mould to form in your Calgary home or business. Then, mould can spread quickly through the property in as little as 48 hours. When mould first appears it can often be mistaken for a stain. It can come in a variety of colours and often accompanied by a 'musty' odour. Mould can produce allergens and irritants, and it has the potential to cause other health effects. Common symptoms related to mould infestations are eye, nose, and throat irritation, coughing or phlegm build-up, or shortness of breath. If your home or business has a mould problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mould infestation.
Learn more about mould and what to do until help arrives by reviewing these mould damage tips.
If You See Signs of Mould,
Call Us Today – (403) 255-0202
Microscopic mould spores exist almost everywhere, outdoors and indoors, making it impossible to remove all mould from a home or business. Some restoration businesses advertise “mould removal” and even guarantee to remove all mould, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mould facts:
- Mould is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mould spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mould spores thrive on moisture. Mould spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mould remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mould may return.
- Mould often produces a strong, musty odour and can lead you to possible mould problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mould growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Why Choose SERVPRO of Calgary South?
We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster
Mould spreads quickly, so a minor mould infestation can quickly escalate into a major problem. We’re dedicated to responding immediately when you contact us. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces cost.
We’re Highly Trained Mould Remediation Specialists
We specialize in water and mould damage restoration, the cornerstone of our business. We have the training and expertise to safely handle any mould situation.
- Applied Microbial Remediation Specialist
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
- Applied Structural Drying Technician
We Use Advanced Mould Remediation Techniques and Equipment
We invest in the latest equipment and ongoing mould remediation training because it helps us restore your home or business quickly and effectively. We will isolate the affected area using physical barriers and a negative air pressure chamber.
The Mould Remediation Process
Every mould damage scenario is different, and requires a unique solution, but the general mould remediation process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our “typical” process:
- Emergency Contact - (403) 255-0202
- Inspection and Mould Damage Assessment
- Mould Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mould and Mould-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Common Mould Misconceptions
It’s easy to understand why many people struggle to grasp the facts and issues surrounding indoor mould because sensational news stories and advertising cloud and obscure the real issues. Educate yourself with the facts about mould and learn about the mould remediation process.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Calgary South is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are proud to provide mould remediation services in our local communities:
We proudly serve Calgary, AB, and surrounding areas.